Subheading


And, finding there was greater happiness and peace and rest for me, I sought for the blessings of the fathers, and the right whereunto I should be ordained to administer the same (Abraham, vs 2)

Sunday, December 8, 2019

A Message to All: Part 9: My Living Will (Public)

Note: This series was inspired by my recent ALS diagnosis. See Part 1 intro. The conclusion to this series may or may not get posted. I'm leaving it open incase something comes to mind at a latter date if I'm still able. 

This will is an unofficial will because I know my wife will do what's best. It's meant to be more of a humorous post. And anything official should probably be private. Here are some things I would prefer but again my first priority is my wife and family and what would make their lives easier.

This may be a live document as I think of more things or add to it by editing it.

1) No crying at funeral allowed! (Joking 😁) 
2) Have a cheap funeral. Can bury me in a plywood box. Of course follow your heart too. That's always more important. Since I'm certain that won't happen. And beauty isn't a bad thing. Probably a better thing would be to have a real casket. I'm mostly joking about plywood and feel a proper burial is a better route. 
3) Have at least one member from my fellowship speak at my funeral. 
4) Be creative doesn't need to be all boring 😎😅 But also a time to grieve is good. 
5) Sing the song "a poor wayfaring man of grief" as it's one of my favorite about Christ. Verses 4-7 I've always liked too
6) Tell my kids I love them and my wife and they will conquer the world with or without me. #proud 
7) I prefer not to suffer needlessly. It's one of the curses of modern medicine. Especially if the only relief is constant 24/7 pain meds (like opiods or Morphine). 
8) Cocos movie should be the new slogan after a drive with my wife when first learning of diagnosis we heard it on pandora. "remember me though I have to say goodbye".
9) Part of creativity don't be quiet. Make it exciting like play some electronica music with Marshmellow lol. That's true reverence for me right there. Maybe for the viewing and or service. Shouting amen or other laughter energetic actions. 
10) I guess with our dogs old age we get to have a race to who dies sooner. 🐕🏃😎😁 A family joke of ours. Maybe it's time for me to finally loose, out living the dog. I told my wife it's time for me to be a looser. Now wife reminds me to 'Be a Looser'! Or better I'll be a winner and outlive them and hopefully the baby can walk before I loose my walking abilities. Another race worth winning! 
11) Must wear a t shirt and jeans to my funeral else kicked out 🤠🤠🤠 unless your a cowboy. In seriousness I want people to show up being themselves. Not dressing up due to cultural traditions or perceived standards. I want each person to be themselves, raw and unfiltered. What are you comfortable in? What do you wear on your days off? Just be you. God accepts us for who we are. 
12) I'd prefer that the Last speaker should be my wife. No concluding or residing remarks by others including one who is conducting or residing. Though I prefer a family member (including friends, siblings, parents, or wife) to reside or conduct it. Family is the only ones with authority in the home. 
13) Make an atmosphere that makes it so you never have to tell a child to be quiet, sit still, or stop being their true self. We're supposed to be as little children. Not making children be adults. Even if the speaker is harder to hear. Children is what brings us true joy in this life. They are the "joy in our works'. Its always been a desire for me for worshiping God but know it's hard to pay attention to speakers and want people to be able to as well. Something I've thought a lot about but don't really have answers either.
14) Tell alot of jokes 🐷🐿️
15) The graveyard down in Tucson looks overcrowded. People must be dying to get in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment