Subheading


And, finding there was greater happiness and peace and rest for me, I sought for the blessings of the fathers, and the right whereunto I should be ordained to administer the same (Abraham, vs 2)

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Letter of Beliefs: A Brief Answer to Why?

The following is a short letter of my beliefs and my testimony. Because it has footnotes it is much easier to read in pdf form so I linked to that file. They are copied here as endnotes. 

This was written in reference to my resignation from the LDS church.

Letter of Beliefs: Letter of Belief.pdf

"If I esteem mankind to be in error, shall I bear them down? No. I will lift them up, and in their own way too, if I cannot persuade them my way is better; and I will not seek to compel any man to believe as I do, only by the force of reasoning, for truth will cut its own way." TPJS 

All I have attempted to do is expound the scriptures. 

My Witness & Testimony:
I want to begin with a quote by Joseph. “Three things are necessary, in order that any rational and intelligent being may exercise faith in God unto life and salvation[1]” one of which is “An actual knowledge that the course of life which he is pursuing, is according to his will[2]” that unless they have an “assurance that they were pursuing a course which was agreeable to the will of God… knowing, (not merely believing)… they will grow weary in their minds and faint[3]

I have fasted, prayed, studied, and pondered these things for over 2 years[4]. Yet people will say I am heeding another spirit when they won’t take a second thought[5] save it were to ask him if these things are true or not.[6] I plan to stand for truth for I have taken upon me the name of Christ. The Lord has shown me “a religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things, never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation…salvation never could be obtained without the sacrifice of all earthly things: it was through this sacrifice, and this only, that God has ordained that men should enjoy eternal life[7]”. It is only through sacrifice of all earthly things that we can gain this knowledge. I don’t blame anyone for not believing me. I don’t understand His ways and the more I learn of him the bigger the fool I realize I am.

In a world of wickedness, my heart aches to see such violence, to see the poor go hungry, the children being abused while we enjoy the spoils of Babylon that we take as signs of our righteousness before him. We walk in the light and comprehendeth it not. Wherever we look in this world there is wide spread wickedness.  

The world proclaims “all is well.” The saints proclaim “all is well in Zion[8]” even though they are led by the precepts of men[9]. That Zion propereth but it is not! It is in Jeopardy! The very restoration is about to be completely abandoned!

It is time for me to come out from under the condemnation[10] and bondage[11] that rests upon all because we receive not the light[12]. Others may believe that one man can save them. Others may believe that one man cannot lead them astray[13]. And if he does lead them astray it is not their concern[14] for they will be blessed even if it’s wrong![15] In the Day of Judgment such actions will not be excused by Him[16]. Others may believe to follow man[17] or to trust men[18]. Others may be willing to give up their agency to another by making an oath to them[19] thus allowing that man have claim upon them. Finally they may believe it is enough to “see God” around us and not seek his face but by doing so we deny the power of godliness[20]. We are all free to worship who, what or how we may.

I believe only one Man is to be followed, Jesus Christ.[21] We are to “receive[22]” those who the Lords sends which means to “heed”, “hearken”, or “hear” their message[23]. We are to each stand for ourselves and that dependence upon the prophet will cause our minds to be darkened[24]. That God has no servant at the gate for only he cannot be deceived.[25] He invites all to come unto Him. I believe in the restoration through the prophet Joseph Smith and there is yet to be revealed many great and marvelous things[26]. I believe more than I ever have in the message of the Book of Mormon; that the fullness of the gospel[27] is to ascend back into His presence. That is the definition of redemption. It is to re-enter his presence while in the flesh.[28] Without “faith” and “angels appear[ing] and minister[ing] unto men” all is vain, as if there is no redemption[29]. Yet we still proclaim that they are not for us! We doubt, while living behind a veil of unbelief that we should rend and shred into pieces![30]

Like the Israelites, we have wandered long enough in the wilderness for “40 years” being driven to and fro while those around us cry “Lo here, Lo There”[31]. Moroni saw our day,[32] he testified of us, the book testifies AGAINST us. It is the final opportunity for the Gentiles to repent. Yet we think the message is to those who will never read the book even when the Lord proclaimed the baptized Latter Day Saints were “identified with the Gentiles”[33]. When we are offered everything and reject that which is decreed to happen[34], and we were through Joseph, we are given something less because He will give us what we are willing to receive[35] . Thus it will be a “terrible day of the Lord[36]” for his presence is terrible to the unprepared as their guilt will torment them.[37] He comes in Judgment.

If we will not accept what He is offering the Lord will find someone else to build Zion. It grieves me to think our day will be even “as the day of noah”[38]. But it is my witness the Lord has set his hand again a second time to redeem those who are willing to receive Him. The entire purpose of the temple was to teach us how to converse with the Lord through the veil. It is a symbol or type. It is not an end. We are meant to connect with the Fathers in immortal Glory thereby entering into a covenant that we may abide his coming.[39]

There is so much more I could say but that is not the purpose of this. It is to give a brief (ok I tried to make it brief :) ) overview of the “why”. I love the church, it is after all the “big net[40]” spoken of in the new testament. Or should I say I love the people. I hold no ill against any man, nor do I desire to try to change the church’s course. Its divine course is set.

Time is so short. Our very salvations are in jeopardy. Religion is intended to be between “you” and God, deeply personal and individually redemptive. Christ is as accessible to all as He was to Moses on the mount. And what was Moses' ambition? It was to bring everyone up on the mount to likewise see God[41] but they preferred another man to speak for them[42] or today believe only one should speak for him. Follow the Doctrine of Christ, no more no less, as seen in 2 Nephi 32:5 “receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.” His spirit will lead us to eternal life, not man. Though, if we will not receive Christ's prophets and apostles, we will be condemned[43]. Those who claim you should "follow" them put themselves in the place of Christ. They are, in effect, a false Christ. We were promised they would come in the last days to deceive the "very elect" as false Messiahs.[44] An apostle of Jesus Christ is one who has a message of God, sent by him, and been in the presence of the Son and the Father.[45]

Joseph warned, “Salvation cannot come without revelation; it is in vain for anyone to minister without it....Men of the present time testify of heaven and hell, and have never seen either; and I will say that no man knows these things without this.[46]"

It used to take a hundred years for changes to come about. Now those same changes in understanding take about 5 to 7 years. A whole new understanding of the history of the church is coming. Just wait. Do not LOSE faith in God as the events unfold! He Lives! Joseph did see what he said he did! Ask, Knock, Receive! If we don’t understand it’s because we ask not! We will not search, seek, nor understand.[47]

Joseph Smiths first vision is what religion is meant to be. It is what the Gospel is meant to be for each of us. To have communion with God and his angels, for in the garden Adam was cast out of his presence, and through the atonement we can be brought back into his presence while in the flesh[48].

Religion always follows the same pattern; man speaks with God which is called restoration, then other men come after and try to worship according to His latest visit which is called apostasy.[49]

I conclude with saying I am grateful for every moment I have spent involved with the church and the people. I would not be where I am without it. I would not trade those experiences for anything. The church contained the power to perform outward ordinances. The Lord has called me elsewhere.

If we want Zion the first thing we should do is go serve our neighbor abasing ourselves from the distractions and “things” of the world.

Despite what others have/will say I know I will retain my priesthood, my connection with God, the Holy Ghost, and that the ordinances that I performed in his behalf will still be valid in His eyes. This I know for He has declared it by his voice to me and God cannot lie.

Before social collapse in 3 Nephi, society broke down into tribes consisting of family and friends.[50] Perhaps there must be some preparations to prepare us for the social chaos that is soon to come independent of all institutions or organizations. Zion cannot be built by an organization or institution. It will be built by a “peculiar people” in the Lords “strange act”.

Now I speak by way of invitation only. To all those who wish to be a part of the Lords return. To those who have realized the restoration given through Joseph has been altered, changed, forgotten, or simply replaced by precepts of men. I invite us all to return to the restoration and take the words of Joseph Smith seriously.

It is no longer sufficient to be baptized by one being “commissioned” by Jesus Christ. The command is renewed again where we should be baptized by one having “authority”. Early saints called this rebaptism, it was part of the doctrine of Christ[51]. I was baptized by one having authority on December 24, 2014. It was the day following winter solstice for the world, when light triumphs darkness. The day before the symbol of Christ’s birth into the world. I have experimented upon the word and I can say the fruits are good. It has enlarged my soul. Therefore I know it’s of God. For I have experimented according to the pattern in Alma 32 and have knowledge that a greater portion of God’s spirit has rested upon me that day. Not because my first baptism was not valid but because the Lord has asked me to be “rebaptized” as a sign and token of the Lord’s hand moving once again. If He asks this of you than I invite you to heed that voice. It is a day of Salvation.

I don’t blame a soul for not believing me. I am a nobody. A Fool. There are so many voices in this world, it seems there are 1000 voices against every one voice of truth. This world is the perfect place for Gods children to learn to become like Him. His work, immortality and eternal life of man, continues “worlds without end.” My prayer is that we may receive grace and return to Him “added upon”.

My only hope is to persuade. I will not seek to compel a single man to believe as I do. For my only tools are by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned, by kindness, and pure knowledge.

We are currently being tested. Choose wisely.

Know Ye the Lord?

In the spirit of love and to my brothers and sisters in Christ,
Tyson Curtis Hunt



[1] Lectures on Faith (LOF): Lecture 3 verse 2
[2] LOF: Lecture 3 verse 5
[3] LOF: Lecture 6 verse 3-4
[4] “…Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself. And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation “which is in me.” (Alma 5:46)
[5] “When men open their lips against [the truth] they do not injure me, but injure themselves…When things that are of the greatest importance are passed over by weak-minded men without even a thought, I want to see truth in all its bearings and hug it to my bosom. I believe all that God ever revealed” (Teachings of Joseph Smith, “Gaining Knowledge of Eternal Truths”, Chapter 22, edits in original)
[6] “Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me.” (D&C 9:7, See also verse 8)
[7] LOF: Lecture 6 verse 7
[8] “they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the devil cheateth their souls…25 Wo be unto him that crieth: All is well!” (2 Nephi 28:21,25)
[9] they are led, that in many instances they do err because they are taught by the precepts of men” (2 Nephi 28:14)
[10] D&C 84:54-58. See Also “Cleansing the inner vessel” by President Benson in April 1986 General Conference where he reaffirmed this condemnation rested upon all.
[11] When Joseph was in liberty jail he complained about the oppression. The Lord told him, you think it’s bad when you’re oppressed by those in government over you, just wait Joseph, wait until someone gets a little priestly authority over you. We have seen this before and it’s called catholism. “to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves” (D&C 121:37) See D&C 121:39-42, D&C 101:76-79, Luke 22:25
[12]  “31 Behold, here is the agency of man, and here is the condemnation of man; because that which was from the beginning is plainly manifest unto them, and they receive not the light. 32 And every man whose spirit receiveth not the light is under condemnation ”.(D&C 93:31-32)
[13] “We will not and cannot lead [you] astray.” (Elder Ballard, “Stay in the Boat and Stay on!”, General Conference, October 2014). See also Conference Report, October 1960, p. 78.
[14] “This means, among other things, that it is my province to teach to the Church what the doctrine is. It is your province to echo what I say or to remain silent. You do not have a divine commission to correct me or any of the Brethren. The Lord does not operate that way. If I lead the Church astray, that is my responsibility, but the fact still remains that I am the one appointed with all the rest involved so to do.” (Bruce R McConkie Letter to Eugene).
Also taught here, “”Which way do you face?” President Boyd K. Packer surprised me with this puzzling question while we were traveling together on my very first assignment as a new Seventy. Without an explanation to put the question in context, I was baffled. “A Seventy,” he continued, “does not represent the people to the prophet but the prophet to the people. Never forget which way you face!” It was a powerful lesson.” (Elder Lynn G. Robbins, “Which Way Do You Face?”, General Conference, October 2014)
[15] “I remember years ago when I was a bishop I had President Heber J. Grant talk to our ward. After the meeting I drove him home … Standing by me, he put his arm over my shoulder and said: ‘My boy, you always keep your eye on the President of the Church and if he ever tells you to do anything, and it is wrong, and you do it, the Lord will bless you for it.’ Then with a twinkle in his eye, he said, ‘But you don’t need to worry. The Lord will never let his mouthpiece lead the people astray.’” (Conference Report, October 1960, p. 78.)
[16]We have heard men who hold the priesthood remark that they would do anything they were told to do by those who preside over them—even if they knew it was wrong. But such obedience as this is worse than folly to us. It is slavery in the extreme. The man who would thus willingly degrade himself should not claim a rank among intelligent beings until he turns from his folly. A man of God would despise this idea. Others, in the extreme exercise of their almighty authority have taught that such obedience was necessary... When Elders of Israel will so far indulge in these extreme notions of obedience as to teach them to the people, it is generally because they have it in their hearts to do wrong themselves". (Brigham Young, Millenial Star, Archive Volume 14, Number 38, Pages 593-595) See also D&C 1:31 “31 For I the Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance”
[17] When you follow the prophets, you will be in safe territory.” (President Monson, “Follow The Prophets”, January 2015). This talk was copied from an Sept. 7, 2003 CES youth devotional with the final two sentences being changed. (See Church News Archive)
[18] “Trust me! These 15 men—prophets, seers, and revelators—know what the will of the Lord is when unanimity is reached!” (Elder Nelson, “Sustaining the Prophets”,  General Conference, October 2014)
[19] “Our sustaining is an oath-like indication that we recognize their calling as a prophet to be legitimate and binding upon us.” (Elder Nelson, “Sustaining the Prophets”,  General Conference, October 2014)
[20] Power of godliness is the presence of God. For the ordinances are meant to bring us to see god in the flesh. When we reject that we only have a form of godliness but deny the power thereof. “And without the ordinances thereof, and the authority of the priesthood, the power of godliness is not manifest unto men in the flesh; 22 For without this no man can see the face of God, even the Father, and live.” (See D&C 84:19-22)
[21]  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me” (John 10:27)
[24] “President Joseph Smith read the 14th chapter of Ezekiel--said the Lord had declared by the Prophet, that the people should each one stand for himself, and depend on no man or men in that state of corruption of the Jewish church--that righteous persons could only deliver their own souls--applied it to the present state of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints--said if the people departed from the Lord, they must fall--that they were depending on the Prophet, hence were darkened in their minds, in consequence of neglecting the duties devolving upon themselves, envious towards the innocent, while they afflict the virtuous with their shafts of envy.” (Teachings Section Five 1842-43, p.237 or Joseph Smith Papers)
[25] “the keeper of the gate is the Holy One of Israel; and he employeth no servant…for he cannot be deceived” (2 Nephi 9:41)
[26] We have this to look forward to, a return of a people who “put on thy strength” (3 Nephi 20:22). A return of priesthood yet to be restored (Future Tense) “Elijah was the last prophet that held the keys of this priesthood, and who willbefore the last dispensation, restore the authority and delive[r] the Keys of this priesthood in order that all the ordinances may be attended to in righteousness…And I will send Elijah the Prophet before the great and terrible day of the Lord” (Joseph Smith, “Instruction on Priesthood”, pg 17, October 5, 1840, General Conference) Footnote reads “This discourse is apparently the only discourse for which the Prophet ever prepared a text.” Also read, in future tense, in 1841, Aug 13 1843, Aug. 27 1843, in 1844 and others. Dates are linked to sermons. Keep in mind the dictionary defines “last” can mean "latest".
[27] The Lord Himself has stated that the Book of Mormon contains the “fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.” (D&C 20:9; 27:5.)
[28] “the Lord showed himself unto him[Brother of Jared], and said: Because thou knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my presence;” (Ether 3:13) So what did he “knowest”? What had he become that allowed him to receive these things?
[30] “when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you—… 16… then shall my revelations which I have caused to be written by my servant John be unfolded in the eyes of all the people.” (Ether 4:15-16)
[31] “And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them, and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation; 21 Neither shall they say, Lo, here! or, Lo, there! For, behold, the kingdom of God has already come unto you. 22 And he said unto his disciples, The days will come, when they will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and they shall not see it. 23 And if they shall say to you, See here! or, See there! Go not after them, nor follow them.“ (JST Luke 17:20-23)
[32]  Behold, I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing. 36 And I know that ye do walk in the pride of your hearts; and there are none save a few only who do not lift themselves up in the pride of their hearts, unto the wearing of very fine apparel, unto envying, and strifes, and malice, and persecutions, and all manner of iniquities; and your churches, yea, even every one, have become polluted because of the pride of your hearts. 37 For behold, ye do love money, and your substance, and your fine apparel, and the adorning of your churches, more than ye love the poor and the needy, the sick and the afflicted.” (Mormon 8:35-37)
[33] Dedicatory prayer of the Kirtland temple. “ 60 Now these words, O Lord, we have spoken before thee, concerning the revelations and commandments which thou hast given unto us[LDS], who are identified with the Gentiles.” (D&C 109:60)
[35] “they shall return again to their own place, to enjoy that which they are willing to receive, because they were not willing to enjoy that which they might have received.“ (D&C 88:32) See also “When God offers a blessing or knowledge to a man, and he refuses to receive it, he will be damned.” (TJS, “Gaining Knowledge”, Chapter 22)
[38] “as it was in the days of Noah, so it shall be also at the coming of the Son of Man;” (JS-Matt 1:43, See also Matthew 24:37)
[39] “This is the spirit of Elijah, that we redeem our dead, and connect ourselves with our fathers which are in heaven “(HC 6:22), “go and seal on earth … yourself unto your fathers in eternal glory “ (TPJS, 340) See quotes under Family on the LDS site JosephSmith.net.
[42] “When God offers a blessing or knowledge to a man, and he refuses to receive it, he will be damned. The Israelites prayed that God would speak to Moses and not to them; in consequence of which he cursed them with a carnal law.” (TJS, “Gaining Knowledge of Eternal Truths”, Chapter 22)
[45] “The Prophet Joseph said: Brethren, now you are prepared to be the apostles of Jesus Christ, for you have seen both the Father and the Son and know that they exist and that they are two separate personages.” (Zebedee Coltrin, Minutes, Salt Lake City School of the Prophets, October 3, 1883) Joseph still called ones who had not done this to the twelve. This is why Oliver stated “Your ordination is not full and complete till God has laid His hand upon you” (referenced below)
[46] TPJS 160. Today it is taught it’s not necessary to even seek him. “I have not beheld him...But it is not necessary. I have felt his presence.” (Chapter 2, “Our Savior”, TOJFS Manual) D&C 101:38, a section on the redemption of Zion, also warns us “seek the face of the Lord always, that in patience ye may possess your souls, and ye shall have eternal life.” For “in that day all who are found upon the watch-tower…shall be saved.” (vs 12) Joseph said “thou must commune with God” (TJS, Ch 22) Finally, D&C 93:1 says it’s for EVERY soul!
[47] “I, Nephi, cannot say more; the Spirit stoppeth mine utterance, and I am left to mourn because of the unbelief, and the wickedness, and the ignorance, and the stiffneckedness of men; for they will not search knowledge, nor understand great knowledge, when it is given unto them in plainness, even as plain as word can be.” (2 Nephi 32:7)
[48]  And in that day the Holy Ghost fell upon Adam, which beareth record of the Father and the Son, saying: I am the Only Begotten of the Father from the beginning, henceforth and forever, that as thou hast fallen thou mayest be redeemed, and all mankind, even as many as will. 10 And in that day Adam blessed God and was filled, and began to prophesy concerning all the families of the earth, saying: Blessed be the name of God, for because of my transgression my eyes are opened, and in this life I shall have joy, and again in the flesh I shall see God.” (Moses 5:9-10)
[49] Brigham young lamented during the 11th year as president, "that perhaps I then may hold communion with the Lord, as did Moses. I am not now in that position...If I am faithful… perhaps the Lord will appear to me and personally dictate me in the management of his Church and people." (JOD 7:243,  BY, September 1, 1859)”. Seventeen Years as president he stated “We have not seen the person of the Father, neither have we seen that of the Son;" (JOD 11:42. BY, January 8, 1865) President Grant went further stating “I never prayed to see the Savior.” We have ignored the Lords warning long enough and His wisdom that it’s the duty of the president to be “like unto moses” (D&C 107:91-92; See also Oliver Cowdery’s “General Charge to the twelve” “Never cease striving until you have seen God face to face… Your ordination is not full and complete till God has laid His hand upon you. We require as much to qualify us as did those who have gone before us; God is the same.”.) To write the words of eternal life requires one who has the promise of eternal life.
[51] “At this time came a revelation, that the Saints could be baptized and re-baptized when they chose.” (Brigham Young J.D. 18:241) See also Moroni 6:1. Compare 3 Nephi 7:26 with 3 Nephi 19:11-13

1 comment:

  1. This link doesn't work:
    Letter of Beliefs: Letter of Belief.pdf
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5iohlpaiv48l6di/Tyson%20Hunt%20Letter%20of%20Beliefs.pdf?dl=0

    Is this available somewhere?

    ReplyDelete