Subheading


And, finding there was greater happiness and peace and rest for me, I sought for the blessings of the fathers, and the right whereunto I should be ordained to administer the same (Abraham, vs 2)

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Christ As the Advocate

In Richard Rohr’s Universal Christ, he asks a very profound question “Did Jesus come here to live and die to change God’s mind about us or to change our mind about God?” Did Christ die so that God would now view us as worthy of redemption by paying a price for our sins, or did he come to show us that God was willing to give everything in order to bring us back to his presence.

"And my Father sent me that I might be He  lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me"

Why was he lifted up...what about it draws men to him.. . He laid it ALL on the line for us...how can we refuse him when we really understand that.

The idea that Jesus is an advocate makes more sense if we see him as an advocate to convince us of our own worth. Whereas Satan is called the Acusser. God will not accuse us, instead he forgives and forgets. Seeing what we may become not what we may have once done. Satan finds fault with the children of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment