Subheading


And, finding there was greater happiness and peace and rest for me, I sought for the blessings of the fathers, and the right whereunto I should be ordained to administer the same (Abraham, vs 2)

Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Testimony

The Lord has chastised me  repeatedly for not writing things down. You could say this is one of my weaknesses. So I have decided to write some of my thoughts on this blog even if nobody reads it. I ask that you forgive me for my weakness in writing and for any grammar errors. My testimony below will only cover a small piece of it.

First I would like to share my love I have for my Savior and the redeemer of the world. He Lives! Joseph Smith accompanies by Sidney Rigdon in the year of 1832, declared:
And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives! 
For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father— 
That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God. 
D&C 76:22-24
Boldly he gave his own witness that Jesus Christ lives! That perhaps we may be persuaded and taught in the knowledge of our redeemer that we may come to the knowledge of the truth for ourselves. There is no redemption through any other man. “He offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered” (2 Nephi 2:7)
O how great the holiness of our God! For he knoweth all things, and there is not anything save he knows it. 
And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of Adam. 
2 Nephi 9:20-21
In the Lectures on Faith it states:
…the glory which the Father and the Son have is because they are just and holy beings; and that if they were lacking in one attribute or perfection which they have, the glory which they have never could be enjoyed by them, for it requires them to be precisely what they are in order to enjoy it. 
These teachings of the Saviour most clearly show unto us the nature of salvation, and what he proposed unto the human family when he proposed to save them— that he proposed to make them like unto himself, and he was like the Father, the great prototype of all saved beings; and for any portion of the human family to be assimilated into their likeness is to be saved ;and to be unlike them is to be destroyed; and on this hinge turns the door of salvation. 
Lecture 7 Paragraphs 15-16
This is the great plan of salvation, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of Man (Moses 1:39). What is Eternal life? It’s to KNOW God!  (D&C 132:24) Why? Because He is a being that is worth getting to know. It is worth the pain, suffering, and heartache. It is worth every effort to become assimilated into their likeness that we may have a “fullness of joy” (D&C 93:33-34, 2 Nephi 2:25). To be like Him is salvation and to be unlike him is to be destroyed.

Joseph said the follwoing which I echo as my own testimony,
Salvation cannot come without revelation; it is in vain for anyone to minister without it. No man is a minister of Jesus Christ without being a Prophet. No man can be a minister of Jesus Christ except he has the testimony of Jesus; and this is the spirit of prophecy. Whenever salvation has been administered, it has been by testimony. Men of the present time testify of heaven and hell, and have never seen either; and I will say that no man knows these things without this. 
Joseph Fielding Smith (editor), Teachings of theProphet Joseph Smith, p. 160
I do not know these things but I do believe them with all my heart and have faith that I can pressforward feasting upon the words of Christ and one day know these things for myself. I know the words of the lord are true in D&C 93:1 that “ 1 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul [not the person sitting next to you, but YOU] who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am; or as D&C 88:68  “the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will” and continuing in section 76:118 that “while in the flesh [We are in the flesh NOW!], they may be able to bear his presence in the world of glory.

I testify to you that each of us can see and know the Lord for ourselves, that He is a knowable, loving God that wants each of us all to come unto Him. He loves you, He knows you, He is waiting for you now. He is waiting for you with outstretched hands. He accepts you for who you are. Turn and face him and he will point you to where you need to go on your path back to Him. Put your trust and faith in Him and only Him. He certainly has already in You, so believe all things, and accept Him.

 I testify to you that if we D&C 101:38 “seek the face of the Lord always, that in patience ye may possess your souls, and ye shall have eternal life.” That by seeking his face while in the flesh we can posses our own souls and receive eternal life. That we can believe as Adam did that “in this life I shall have joy, and again in the flesh I shall see God.” (Moses 5:10). 

I will end with this quote:
"When a man has offered in sacrifice all that he has, for the truth's sake, not even withholding his life, and believing before God that he has been called to make this sacrifice, because he seeks to do his will, he does know most assuredly, that God does and will accept his sacrifice & offering, & that he has not nor will not seek his face in vain. Under these circumstances, then, he can obtain the faith necessary for him to lay hold on eternal life.”  
Lectures On Faith: Lecture 6 Paragraph 7

No comments:

Post a Comment